In my preaching and leading at ABIDE (our young adult ministry) I use the ESV translation of the Bible. Primarily because I feel it is clear and most accurately maintains the original text. Paired with the publisher’s commitment to the authority of scripture as God’s word, it is the right translation for our young adults trying to stay afloat in a culture rife with moralism and in need of gospel life jackets. Crossway is also active in the growing number of resources and study Bibles in the ESV translation – one I am excited for is the Gospel Transformation Bible.
1. THE ESV UPHOLDS THE TRUTH THAT SCRIPTURE IS THE ACTUAL WORDS OF GOD, NOT JUST THE THOUGHTS OF GOD
2. THE ESV UPHOLDS THAT WHAT IS SAID MUST BE KNOWN BEFORE WHAT IS MEANT CAN BE DETERMINED
3. THE ESV UPHOLDS THE TRUTH THAT WORDS CARRY MEANING
4. THE ESV UPHOLDS THE THEOLOGICAL NOMENCLATURE OF SCRIPTURE
5. THE ESV UPHOLDS THE TRUTH THAT WHILE SCRIPTURE IS MEANT FOR ALL PEOPLE, IT CANNOT BE COMMUNICATED IN SUCH A WAY THAT ALL PEOPLE RECEIVE IT
6. THE ESV UPHOLDS THE COMPLEMENTARIAN NATURE OF GENDER IN SCRIPTURE